Saturday, March 15, 2008

Exhausted Hysteria


OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!

This is part of the group of us working at Moon Bay. This picture was taken at the end of the day, by Chef Keller. We managed to unload 29 pallets, loaded with small wares (cups, plates, silverware, whisks, saute pans, etc) in 3 hours. It was totally and completely exhausting, but we had a ton of fun.

The restaurant will be opening on March 29 and the next couple of weeks will be spent getting food prepped and ready to go. We will be doing "mock" service later this week and I believe we will be able to invite our families to the restaurant on one of those days. That would really be fun.

The restaurant is really starting to come together and is looking magnificent. It will probably become known as one of the best seafood restaurants on the East Coast, and I really don't think it will take too long. We have a phenomenal team of chefs who are fantastic to work with, and seem to enjoy teaching the rest of us the "secrets of their success".

I can honestly tell you that in all of my years in the food business, I have NEVER been as blessed as I am with this job. I can't remember ever working for someone who makes it a point to shake your hand at the end of the day and say "Good job, today" before you leave. It makes such a huge difference to know that you are appreciated. It is a whole new experience for me and I am just loving every minute of it.

I am telling you, if you want to find a place to work, that is FUN and really feels like you are with family, you need to go to work for Gaylord Entertainment. They don't just talk about how important their employees are...they live it, and every one of us can feel it. This company will have to roll me out of there in a wheel chair because I don't plan on leaving any time soon.

Anyway, if you get a chance, go see one of these properties. I promise you will not be disappointed. All of their properties are fabulous and full of energy. The fun just never stops!!!!!

Take care and I will fill you in later on the latest happenings at Moon Bay...

0 Comments:

Web Counters
Discount Coupon